Important information regarding renting a car:
If you want to know about renting a car, you’ve come to the right place. All of our insurance companies provide coverage for your temporary replacement vehicle, whether your car is in the shop or renting a car while on vacation. Every situation is different, but here are the general rules:
1) You must be renting a private passenger vehicle, not a truck. (There are exceptions to this, so please call to discuss.)
2) The rental contract must be in your personal name or your spouses name, matching one of the names listed as a named insured on your personal auto policy.
3) The length of the rental must be for 30 days or less. (There are exceptions to this, so please call to discuss.)
4) Any person that drives the rental vehicle must be listed on the rental contract as a driver.
5) The rental must be within the boundaries of the United States or Canada, however, there are exceptions to this as well.
It’s important to note that some fees and loss of use charges may not be covered by insurance if the rental car is damaged. Buying the Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) that the rental agency sells will likely cover these additional fees and will also eliminate most of the aggravation involved with a car accident.
Please call 513-985-3600 to discuss your situation.
Call us today at 513-985-3600